Thursday, September 27, 2007

Revoltech Macross VF-1J Detailing

Finally I have complete the detailing work on my VF-1J Revoltech! Took me sometime to update it here, hope all of you like it.



I painted the cockpit part in blue since it look really weird with the whole part white color! In the anime this part should be a see through glass (if not mistaken), did some panel lining and weathering as well!

Detailing this kit ain't a hard thing since you wont need to snap fit it like gundam kits out there, all u need to do is to dissemble the figure like below:



As you can see all the parts are really plain........


Just use any Gundam Marker out there and feel up the seem line, and you may get a better effect like above!

(the picture above include weathering)

Now we come to the part painting the cockpit! Some simple masking like wat i did in one of the previous post.


The color I used here is Mr Color Bright Blue mix with a bit of Mr Color White! Some Retarted Mild should be used in order to make the paint job much better.


After u paint the cockpit, all you left to do is some weathering and topcoating it! You can do weathering with the Gundam Weathering Marker + a paint brush, using the dried brush technique. I may cover the technique of it in later post (sry forgot to take picture of how i did it).

Finally after all the hard work, this is what you get!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

nice! 1 of my fren are crazy about gundam too. btw do you hav a contact? like msn.

Lok said...

u can add my msn
my email is
no97830@hotmail.com

no3ljm said...

i like what you did with your Revoltech VF-1J. btw, i would like to ask if you never encounter a problem when you used your Gundam Markers on your Revoltech? does it stick well? AFAIK, Revoltech figures have a gloss surface so i'm just wondering if the markers run smoothly. and lastly, did you use a topcoat after you painted your Revoltech?

again, great job. hope i can do that too on my upcoming VF-1J. ;) kudos!

(sorry about my previous comment on your previous post. i think i posted my comment on the Revoltech thread. sorry about that. ;) )

Anonymous said...

nice job with the detailing. I also have all three Veritech models from teh Revoltech line.
I think though that the white windshield should be left white though as it is a shield that covers the coskpit as it is transformed in to Battroid mode.
Other than that I think it looks great.

Dennis aka Katsuden said...

Really interesting! The VF1J sure look better on display. Recommendable effort.