Monday, October 08, 2007

Dell's Warranty

Last Wednesday my Dell 24 inch LCD monitor (2407WFPb) had face it hardware problem! My on off button in the front panel was stuck, and I can't switch it off or on (luckily it is on the ON mode).



The button was stuck! In order to close the monitor i need to unplug the power source.......
So on the following day I made a call to Dell Customer service, the first part getting through wasn't easy since it enters a programed voice operator that keep asking for Service Tags.

"where the heck is the service tag!?#*&^%!@". Just simply press some button on your phone to force it to go to another menu where you can choose to talk to the operator! Although the operator system back there suck a lot the customer service was very good!

I told her my problem, she told me that the button cannot be fix since the monitor cannot be dissemble, I was shock i thought Dell was going to refused my warranty but I was wrong she directly said that she will change the whole unit for me! She said they will send courier to collect the monitor and change it on the spot!

Dell sure provide good warranty and service. Even i told her that i was only available at home after 7pm, they still manage to call to courier to send the monitor over at night!


The same old unit as mine previous monitor

It was good dealing with them, although the Dell 24' monitor isn' the cheapest this day but for the 3 year warranty and their service the few hundred plus that i paid is worth it. Just imagine you got a broken monitor of other brand that required you to send it to their service center (that god knows where), when you place your monitor there they said cannot fixed or even they fixed it for you but still required to wait a few weeks and come collect it yourself again!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have the exact same problem on the same monitor! I have the 3years advanced warranty and am located in Australia. Hopefully it's a smooth transaction like you experienced.