Thursday, December 27, 2007

PC upgraded with ATI HD 3870 GPU

I just upgrade my PC, it has been with me for around 5 years and recently it just failed me! sob....sob...

My pc has been showing me warning signs in the boot up screen for more than half year and i choose to ignore it! Every boot up of my comp will tell me to backup my hdd and I am required to press F1 to continue to boot into windows! Besides having the hdd problem, my CMOS battery has also expired.....

Since i was only using my comp to surf net and also watch some anime, I didn't bother to do anything! Until Monday this week, my comp refuse to boot up and give me the beep beep beep sound! Use a boot up disc to boot it up but then again within a few minutes time it will show me the "Blue Screen of Death"! Darn so i spend RM2000++ to get myself a new rig! So much for Merry Christmas!

I went over to Malaysia biggest PC center - Low Yat Plaza! Then got myself:
AMD AM2 x2 4000 (may upgrade later to the newest Phenom when price drops)
ASUS M3A / AMD770 / D2 / PCIE / SL
2gb OCZ PC800 GOLD DDR-RAM
Seagate 8M SATA 160gb HDD
SAPPHIRE HD 3870 XT 512MB DDR4 HDMI (For RM799 wow wat a get!!!)
LG DVD ROM
COOLER MASTER ATX cassing along with 450watt PSU



After not playing any new 3D games on my PC for more than 2 years! I now started to play Gears of War, Crysis and lots of high requirement on my PC again!


Yeah thx to this 3D card!

The overlook of my current PC:



I will soon purchase a Asus Xonar Sound card to pair with my AV-system!

No comments: