Friday, March 07, 2008

Ultra Detail Figure Snake (MGS3 ver.) - Single handed version fixed

OK i bet those that watch my previous post would know that i end up with a one-handed snake! War nvr have extend to this limit, the best was Snake lost one of his eye nvr did he lost his left hand!



So now i have 3 choices, choices no1 admit my poor luck and leave it be like tat! Choice no2 return the good to the seller, complain about the poor quality. No3 fix the thing myself. Choices 1 seem to be a stupid one, no2 seems to be impossible since I bought it overseas....., no3 is the best among all.

Decision made! Lets examine the dmg part!

Hmmm seems like this figure joint part r made of really soft material. And judging from it, it gave me the feeling that the hand can be rotated?

Now 2 options are available for me to fix him! Option 1 Super glue quick and efficient but if his original hand can rotate (which i am not sure.) after gluing it it will be impossible! Option 2 drill and pin (gunpla way), this is definitely my way!

Search for material to act as the pin! Hehe thk god i did not throw away all my gunpla runner, still have my good buddy MG Zaku v2.0 box and junks with me! I am gonna cut a small portion of my runner to do the job!


Just used some pliers to cut off a small piece of runner like the picture below:


Here comes the drill. Drills are man soul! Gattai Gurren Langaan!!!!!!!!!!! wait this have nothing to do with Gurren Langaan!


Drill holes like the pic below on the both parts


Plug the runner part cut earlier into the hole that i drill


Fixed the 2 part together and wallah Snake is back in condition! The connecting part is hardly noticeable. The operation is a success!


With his new arm, he can pose better than before! Up and down movement of its left arms is just so good!


For the price of this dude! It really has detail tat are better than those over RM150++ figures a lot! Just look at him!





A problem with this guy is his leg are small and he cant stand perfectly, a gentle shake at the table and down he goes!



Time to fool around!!! Lets have some fun with snake and his friends!

Ok lets fool around! Freeze u fur ball and loli!


Snake has no mercy! He just follow orders! Show ur patriotism!

No comments: